Message 00190 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox] more on open review process

To add some more heat to the debate...

I attach a paper which proposes a method for opening up the process for reviewing journals. It is written by Toni Prugi. I met him at a conference this weekend. He was on his way of implementing these ideas with a couple of other journals, and I suggested to him to post it here, since we are very much in the process of debating the same questions. Except for the argument against the defunkt, present system, which we all know well, the actual proposal starts at page 17. As I read him, the overall advice is to keep things simple, at least to start with. It is unrealistic that we will get it right the first time.

Johan

Message 00190 [Homepage] [Navigation]