Message 00196 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: Fwd: Re: [jox] Multi-rating mode of evaluation (was: Multi-rating mode of evaluation / Updating papers)

On Thursday, 3. December 2009, Mathieu O'Neil wrote:
Personally I can only devote so much time to this project, in addition
 to work and family commitments...

:) me too!

This also raises the question of imposing the reviewer or editor's views
 in order to publish: authors may not agree with the reviewers but in
 traditional journals have no choice but to accept their opinion or risk
 non-publication (btw there was a paper written by a swiss economist a
 few years ago along those lines: "Academic publishing as a form of
 prostitution", or something).

I would imagine that we have a somewhat more collegial way of dealing with
authors.

Finally: do you then disapprove also of reader ratings?

No, not at all, but I would keep it really simple. Otherwise it won't be
used.

Felix

--

--- http://felix.openflows.com ----------------------------- out now:
*|Mediale Kunst/Media Arts Zurich.13 Positions.Scheidegger&Spiess2008

Message 00196 [Homepage] [Navigation]