Message 00797 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Creation of core list (was: [jox] Journal Update 28 September 2011)

Hi all!

Last week (12 days ago) Mathieu ONeil wrote:
*Core list
As discussed, we could set up a core list for people interested in discussing journal-related issues more in depth. We could keep this list for general announcements like this one. Maybe StefanMn can help with setting this up?

I appreciate this very much. I saw such a separation in many projects
and I think it serves all interests perfectly.

Ok, I'll set up [jox-core]

	journal-core oekonux.org

this week.

For the start I'll *not* create a web archive for it. If it is decided
later to have one it can be created easily.

Here are people I think would like to be on this new list, based on past list activity. Sorry if I forgot anyone: Nate, Johan, Matt, Athina (?), Biella (?), Mayo (?), Jakob, George D, Christian, StefanMz, StefanMn, Alessandro, Maurizio, Felix (?), Michel (?), Andreas (?), Toni, me.

[The "?" are meant to indicate I am not sure what these people want whereas I am reasonably confident the others would be interested. We can put a formal call out once the list has been set up.]

I'd simply would announce [jox-core] and explain how to subscribe and
then everyone who wants can subscribe.

To speed things up here is a proposal for the (non-technical part of)
the welcome text for [jox-core]:

  The mailing list

		       journal-core oekonux.org

  provides a common discussion forum for the organizational work of
  the journal "Critical Studies in Peer Production".

  Everyone who is interested in the daily work of the journal may
  subscribe here. All postings to this mailing list should relate to
  the daily work of the journal including decision making.

And this could be a new welcome text for this list:

  The mailing list

			 journal oekonux.org

  is a communication tool to inform about important aspects of the
  journal "Critical Studies in Peer Production". It is intended to be
  low-traffic so only limited discussions are welcome.

  Everyone who is interested in the main development of the journal
  may subscribe here. Members of the Scientific Committee have to
  subscribe to this mailing list. All postings to this mailing list
  should relate to the journal.

  For general discussions about peer production you may want to
  subscribe the list

			 list-en oekonux.org

  which is devoted to this topic.

  If you are interested in the daily work of the journal you are
  welcome to subscribe to

		       journal-core oekonux.org

Any concerns or improvements?

Message 00797 [Homepage] [Navigation]