Message 00008 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox-tech] Re: Site structure

Hi all!

3 days ago Stefan Merten wrote:
I started to create the structure outlined on

	http://cspp.oekonux.org/scientific-committee/website/suggested-structure

I moved everything into place now. I made the new frontpage design the
frontpage obsoleting the "Under construction" page. I also created the
call, research, debate, reports and journal page and sorted the
navigation bar at the top accordingly.

The research, debate and reports page are folders containing
collections. The collections list all content which is in a certain
category.

For this to work I also changed the categories I introduced recently
to better fit the structure. See

	http://cspp.oekonux.org/scientific-committee/website/submission-categories

for an explanation of the categories. Of course this list is not
complete.

BTW: You also got mail for each change of the categories.

What is needed is that every submission is tagged by exactly one main
category and by at least one sub-category.

From this the question arised what type of side-columns to use for
ordinary pages other than the front page. As far as the elements (aka
portlets) concerned we need here I think we need a navigation portlet
as the very least. Also a recent changes portlet would be nice. The
login portlet is not really needed everywhere and can be removed.

Well, I think I'll just configure things as they seem right to me and
then show it to you.

I did this also. Please note that for the real thing you have to
logout. When you are logged in you get some additional portlets.
Basically it is only a navigation portlet in the left column while the
right column is clear and thus doesn't take any room.

AFAICS the content is now in place as wanted. The theme question is
still open and the categories need to be completed. When the latter is
done additional collections need to be created under research, debate
and reports.

Message 00008 [Homepage] [Navigation]