Re: [ox-en] Meaning of "prospecting asteroids"

Hi Russell!

5 days ago Russell McOrmond wrote:
  The US culture does have much to do with it - the average US Citizen
still thinks of 'Communism' and 'marxism' as being the enemy to everything
American.  They bomb communist countries as a matter of no debate..

Yeah, I always say, that RMS is very American ;-) .

  I'm in Canada so don't quite get as much of that.   I do wonder, though,
whether what is talked about here is a bit more modern than marxism -
Sure, things have been re-interpreted to take industrial-era ideas and put
them into the beginnings of the information revolution, but is that really
fair to do?

It may interest you, that the German discussion contains quotes or
other links to Marx but only because Marx saw a lot of things, which
seemingly start to take place now. A lot of current developments fit
wonderful in the framework Marx gave.

And the discussion is *far* from being marxist. Marx didn't like
marxism and so do I ;-) .

Given the pre-misconceptions so many people on the planet
have of what these things really are, is it not better to use new terms to
discuss these things?

This is exactly what we have discussed in the German list. Our
solution was the term `GPL-Gesellschaft' which easily translates to
`GPL society'.

Currently we have a discussion about exactly that: What term to use to
name the new society. As it seems a number of people still like
`GPL-Gesellschaft'.

						Mit li(e)bertären Grüßen