Re: [ox-en] Fwd: Re: Transition into the GPL society

Hi!

<snip>
I stated on the Oekonux list that this may be a good example of what I call a
"{Free {material product}}", because design and manufacturing are seperate,
and the "construction papers" (meaning the ISO CD images and the PS file of
the textbook, including their source code) are Free software. So, creating a
Free car would mean to Free or even to copyleft the construction papers of a
car.

However, nobody seems to understand me (see below). Could it be that this is
a philosophical problem that only exists in the German language?

This is most definitely not just a problem in German. It is also not only
a philosophical problem, but also one with practical and legal consequences.
There have been real problems over developing 'free hardware' licenses
around this issue. For what its worth, my understanding is the same as yours.

I'll try to write more later, but it may be a little while...

Best wishes
Graham