From: Benni Bärmann [benni obda.de]
Sent: 14 December 2001 12:05
To: list-en oekonux.org
Subject: Re: [ox-en] an idea looking for a home

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 06:00:04PM -0800, matt wrote:
The part
that sticks in my head is what I call (apologies to un-cited references)
the 'one out of N principal': whatever the task, no matter how trivial,
unpleasant or difficult, one out of N people will gladly do the job for
free.  If it's a really dirty job, N is very large.  If it's merely a
hard job N is smaller.  If it's kind of interesting and useful, N is
pretty small.

Nice approach :-)

But, i think it is not that simple. You ignore for example the fact of
necessity. If the job is hard, but if it is very necessary, to do it,
than N is smaller as if it is not so necessary.

And maybe there are more dimensions than this two (necessity,
hardness). And at the end we have a M-dimensional matrix which
influence your N and it is questionable what we have won than ;-)

Benni