Re: [ox-en] Re: Open Source and Open Money

Hi Keith and all!

2 days ago Keith Hart wrote:
By the way, this modular design for flexibility reminds me a lot
of best practices in computer science, such as "separation of concerns" in
object-oriented analysis, normalization in database schemas and
orthogonality in microprocessor instruction sets.<

This exchange is a two-way street. Michael Linton was trained as an
engineer, whereas Ernie Yacub and I are, as he confessed, extremely
low-tech. Yet we all recognise the importance of learning from 'best
practice' in computer science. If Kermit noticed some apparent
correspondence between LETS design and free software/open source/computing
best practice that was intentional. We would certainly like to hear from
others who could help us to develop the comparison.

Hmm... Being a computer scientist, from my point of view, I'd see it
just the other way round than Kermit. All these currencies have one
thing in common: To simplify exchange. So I'd ask myself why the hell
we need more than one of it? And would create a single class (i.e. a
type in a programming language) representing money.