Re[2]: [ox-en] a flame of sorts

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. The trolls are fed.  sorry it took some
time- flu.
SM> Actually I did not fully understand what you're trying to say. "Be
SM> radical" "Do something practical" - is this what you wanted to say?
I would stress direct action over radicall. Radical as in independent,
yes. As in Marx, who i believe You quoted, yes.
Radical as opposed to the protestant ethics and religion in generall
 bleeding this world right now.
 Yes, i believe any ideals but pragmatism are dangerous.
 Freedom and no need to work are very pragmatic.

 The need to work to survive is derived from idealism, mostly the
 equality branch of.
 we have enough food and energy for people in the wast majority of the
 world not to need to work to survive. If you think
 that these people should survive in the first place.

SM> May be I'll feed the troll, but some answers.

Then, the list has been
kind of dead lately.
SM> Bah, such a bad entertainment sometimes...
/smile/

SM> My impression is the countless "single independent battle unit"s on
SM> two legs are more a part of the problem than of the solution...
Again a discussion on this would get us nowhere and away from
open-source. I believe that we both support that education of people is
the most important task, no?
As evolution theory shows, life itself is based on freedom,
SM> Ahm, I'd say, that the notion of freedom does not make much sense in
SM> nature. So it can't apply to the sort of life the evolution theory
SM> talks about.
Life surpasses restraints by adapting to them. Is that not freedom?
Would you not say that the concept of freedom cherished by the
American Natives /and i support Persig's view on the matter of
individual freedom/ is nowadays supported by quite a number of people?
I would suggest that anyone serious enough to take direct action pay
close attention to personal cryptography, peer-to peer anonymous
communication tools such as FreeNet and the attempts to create a truly
anonymous internet.

SM> Why? Personally I like to have contact with real persons. I don't like
SM> persons hiding behind pseudonyms - may be I have to many bad
SM> experiences with this. However, sitting in Germany this is (still)
SM> easy to say...
I oppose copyright and intellectuall ownership.
I support freedom of speech.   It is very funny to me - how bizzare-
that today russian citizens enjoy more intellectual freedom than
americans or even europeans- remember the DVD incident?

Popularizing Linux and GNU is another way of directly impacting the
world.
SM> I guess most of the people here and on the German list are doing that.
SM> I for one to name an example.
Excellent. How is it working out for you?
The decentralization of production of goods and information is going
to affect the world even more than the appearance of the printing
press or the internet.
And the means of such production depend on easily available and
custimizable development tools, such as GNU on the software end, and
the now evolving universal production modules/parts- small factories/
3d printers/etc.

SM> This is totally in-line with what Oekonux is saying.
I am glad to hear that i seem to be at the right place than /smile/
and that's why i'm on the list
SM> Well, after all we *do* something instead of TV watching.
Yes, in our times that is a not so small acomplishment. Scary.
SM>  And in
SM> opposite to many mailing lists I have been on, the Oekonux project
SM> mailing lists have lots of results - and lots of success.
could you say which ones were most important ones from your point of
view? This is very interesting to me.
SM> So I think
SM> Oekonux *is* moving something already.
Some person i heard /smile/  is working on a TV sattelite jamming project.
This is soooo exciting, no /smile/
SM> And yes, lately I found the time to release some free software of
SM> mine. Not much and there's more in the queue (if Oekonux lets me...),
SM> but it's a start.
Please tell more. I for one consider this very in topic
We have to start  promoting individual responcibility and freedom.
and we have to start with ourselves.  What software are you using?

SM> Ahm, GNU/Linux, Emacs, MH, tcsh, Mozilla, TkDesk, StarOffice, SDF,
SM> Make, the programming languages above, many more Free Software. Is
SM> that ok with you?
Yes, very /smile/ No need to be defensive.
Stop worrying about other people. Start with yourself.

SM> We'll remember that...
good

SM> ...until here. Seems like an obvious contradiction to me :-( .

SM> And BTW: I don't think radicalism is an end in itself.
radicalism to the end is independence of thought.
And using simple language. If we look at life from a clear
perspective, there is no need for all the theorizing, really.

SM> Ahm, I guess one from the German list did already stuff like that.
SM> Seems you don't know what you're talking about really.
No i don't know what you're talking about- i don't speak german, which
is a shame, such a rich culture.

All i know #in generall# is some RFC's and maybe html. Because they're
standartized.  You can only know something that is dead.

For the rest of the world, i would say that i don't know anything.

--
Best regards,
 petr                            pomorov mail.ru