[ox-en] re brazil (slightly OT)

Hi all,

A while ago I wrote something like 'if Lula wins the elections, expect
free software federal laws in Brasil soon'. I was half joking, but looks
like Mr.  Gates feels the same way: he's just presented Lula with a signed
copy of 'Business at the Speed of Thought' and an invitation to visit his
house - presumably purely social, absolutely no pressure, not delivered as
an ultimatum via the US ambassador as with the Peruvian president, but via
an MP ;-)

http://noticias.terra.com.br/eleicoes/interna/0,5625,OI63321-EI380,00.html
(in Portuguese)

Hopefully Lula will have more backbone than Toledo...

Graham