Re: [ox-en] johan

Hi Alan,

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 alan lokmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

<snipped other threads>

Lastly, I'd like to come back to Johan's book posts; I also feel
strongly that this is the right time to do a book and would like to know
if there's anyone else who feels the same, or are we alone?

Is this to be a book which represents oekonux somehow? If so, then
it needs the basic oekonux texts by the Stefans translating.

Is it to be the 'book of the conference'? If so then maybe we could
ask Stefan Mn if we can have copies of the talks submitted so far. But
we still need translators.

Is it to be a collection of new articles? Then we need to decide on
a theme so we can decide what existing articles are appropriate and
see what new ones people would be prepared to write for it.

Personally, I think the 'book of the conference' would be easiest but
least interesting: the theme is simply that these talks were given at
the same conference, rather than something that ties the articles
together more organically.

 Whichever we do, one starting point would be a simple list of the
articles/talks we already have, and in what language. I've started to put
one together, but it's already a bit long to send all of to the list.

It looks like this:

<article type="essay">
<context>Oekonux basic text</context>
<author>Stefan Merten</author>
<location
lang="de">http://www.oekonux.de/texte/meilenstein/index.html</location

<location
lang="es">http://www.oekonux.org/texts/meilenstein/spanish.html</locat
ion>
<location
lang="en">http://www.opentheory.org/gplsociety/text.phtml</location>
<title lang="de">Gnu/Linux - Meilenstein auf dem Weg in die
GPL-Gesellschaft</ti
tle>
<title lang="es">Gnu/Linux - Un hito en el camino hacia la sociedad
GPL</title>
<title lang="en">Gnu/Linux - Milestone on the Way to the
GPL-society</title>
<format>text</format>
<wordcount lang="de"></wordcount>
</article>

<article type="talk">
<context>1st Oekonux Conference</context>
<author> Andy M<FC>ller-Maguhn </author>
<location>http://erste.oekonux-konferenz.de/dokumentation/texte/mueller-maguhn.h
tml</location>
<title lang="de">Netzvisionen und -realit<E4>ten</title>
<format>notes</format>
<wordcount lang="de"></wordcount>
</article>

... etc
(sorry about the messed-up umlauts etc - didn't survive cut-and-paste).
I plan to complete this, play around with the format, and then put it some
where people can get it. Then some brave soul needs to decide which
articles get used, and which need translating...
(the reason for the word-counts is that some of the talk writeups are very
brief and I guess they'd be the first to be dropped...)

Is this a sensible way to go about it or am I wasting my time?

Graham