Graham's text list (was: Re: [ox-en] johan)

Hi Graham and all!

Yesterday Graham Seaman wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, MJ Ray wrote:
Graham Seaman <graham seul.org> wrote:
Do we need a full web set-up for this? Wouldn't cvs be enough?
Anyone got a cvs server on-line? ;-)

I suggest using a more ACID revision control system, such as Aegis or PRCS
(depending on your goal/scale).  CVS is rather limited.

But CVS is available. Personally I'd prefer CVS over anything else.
Besides that it is a great idea :-) .

I wasn't thinking of putting the entire book together on it - just
handling a little list of essays while we chose which ones to work on. For
that, I would have thought cvs would be fine. Actually, it's only 16k so
I'm going to risk annoying people by sending it to the list.

Yes this list is a good idea. Actually there is no single place where
all the texts from and about Oekonux are listed though a lot of the
texts are linked from Oekonux pages or are on Oekonux pages.

I'd love to include it on the web sites. I could easily write an XSLT
script to transform it to HTML and possibly to other formats as well.
The question is how do I get a current source? But I think it will be
sufficient if you send it to me.

What is the criterion for a text to be included in the list? I guess
something along the lines "Is a Oekonux text or was presented on a
Oekonux conference" or "Discusses Oekonux" or perhaps "Directly
relates to Oekonux".

It would be useful if you add a <summary> tag to the (yet
non-existing?) DTD.

Until we
have the cvs, maybe we could do this - if people who have read the essays
listed edit a copy of the list to:

1. Add anything important I missed

I checked only for mine ;-) . You missed

 Freie Software für eine Freie Gesellschaft Bringen GNU/Linux und Co
		 uns einer neuen Gesellschaft näher?

at

	http://www.oekonux.de/texte/neuegesellschaft/inhalt.html

This is closely related to the blotter and I still consider it a
useful introductory text.

Ahm - there is the Gegenbilder book which is the result of a
cooperation between Jörg Bergstedt, Annette Schlemm and StefanMz.
However, StefanMz seemingly has been very convincing during the
preparation of the book. The OpenTheory project is at

	http://www.opentheory.org/gegenbilder/

but there is also a book. A lot of StefanMz' thinking is written down
there so it is important.

2. Put something like <recommended/> or any other comments (format doesn't
matter) in any essays/talks/texts in the list they think are important to
have published (or alternatively, that should never be published ;-)
3. Mail it back to me (graham opencollector.org) - NOT the list, or we'll
be drowning in multiple copies

I started to recommend something but I stopped it again. A lot of
texts I would have to read or at least quick-scan before recommending
or not. What do others say?