Re: [ox-en] liberal or conservative use of language...

Russell McOrmond <russell flora.ca> wrote:
  You make accusations that you could trivially verify, such as the fact
that my email come from pine.

I was claiming that it came from PINE, because of the Message-Ids having
Pine.LNX at the start.... is that wrong?  PINE is not free software, nor OSI
Open Source as far as I can tell (but I'm not as familiar with the OSI OSD
as I am with the FSF FSD).  The PINE FAQ is rather wishy-washy in its answer
to the question, but you can't distribute modified versions under the normal
licence.

[...]
  You can be elitist in your usage of language and deliberately exclude
people from conversations, or you can try to be more open and liberal
minded by helping move more people to share common ideas and goals.

Please!  I was only saying that FLOSS is a confusing term because of its
political implications, embracing all the diverse (incompatible?)
definitions of "Open Source", while Free Software is clearly understood here
at least.  Did that really warrant such a rant?

MJR