Which texts to include? (was: Re: [ox-en] [ot:ox-book] Projekt 'ox-book')

Hi Graham and all!

Last week (10 days ago) Gast wrote:
http://www.opentheory.org/ox-book/text.phtml#18
(18)
The answer to this general question influences the question on the
character of the book. If texts from outside the Oekonux project are
included we need to decide whether it is still an Oekonux book or
something different.

Kommentar:
http://www.opentheory.org/ox-book/text.phtml#18.2
(18.2)
Possibilities: 1. 'Historical': Original oekonux texts, in historical
order. Some of the first texts are a little dated now (eg. pre-Napster);
we just leave them as they are. 2. 'Current': ask people who have
written relevant texts in the past to write an updated but similar version
for the book. This might give the editor more control in making the book
coherent, and make it more relevant to now. 3. 'Debate': I would
personally quite like to see something which argues around the main points
(which would be more in the spirit of the list!) rather than texts which
repeat the gospel. One way would be to include the published debate
between Stefan Mz. and Krisis. I don't know if Krisis would allow this.
4.'General': expand the book to include texts from completely outside
oekonux which are relevant to the same interests. For example, Alan's
suggestion of Eben Moglen's article, a text from Johan, or one from
Quilombo Digital (Brazilian), or Richarard Barbrook. Risks being rather
incoherent and lacking in a single theme.

Thanks for the categories.

Hmm... One central question for 1-3 is: Are there enough texts
available. If some of the German texts are translated they will make
up for a number of pages. Which raises the question: How many pages
should a book have at minimum. I'd suggest 100 pages or more.

If there are enough texts available in a reasonable time period (say:
half a year to a year) then I tend to a mixture of 1-3. Perhaps the
book could be even separated into these categroies.