Compulsion? was Re: [ox-en] Re: Property, scarcity, selbstentfaltung

Rich Walker <rw shadow.org.uk> wrote:
[Background: I'm technical director of a small company. I'm also quite
passionate about things like GPL'd software, and I'm annoyed I have to
describe it as Open Source to lots of people - in fact, like mentioning
the Great Architect or the Invisible College served in a past age, I use
GPL as one of those "check the background" things to run past people]

Why do you feel that you "have to describe it as Open Source"?  In my
experience, this may get some recognition from more people, but few
understand what they mean by that.  I guess that's the problem with
all the different definitions of that term.

Have you joined http://www.affs.org.uk/ yet?

MJR