Re: [ox-en] Re: Graham Seaman * The Two Economies; Or: Why the washing machine question is the wrong question (was: [ox-en] Conference documentation)

Graham Seaman <graham opencollector.org> wrote:
This argument came up before the conference. I think copyleft for opinion
pieces is unneccessary and unhelpful (as does rms - eg

This is one of the places where I find rms's views on the subject of
copyright wholly arbitrary and illogical.  There are other laws which
protect the author against misrepresentation, so why use a heavy-handed
copyright sledgehammer that also smashes much of the usefulness of the
work?  I think rms's own arguments for the benefits of copyleft still
apply to opinion pieces, largely.

I can think of a couple of places where your article could provoke some
interesting debate, but as it stands, it is probably too long for those
meetings and purposes.   I doubt that I have time to paraphrase much of
it and still get the details correct.  Abridged versions for specific
situations would be useful, but is not possible at present.

MJR