[ox-en] Sound recordings from the conference

Hi lists!

A few minutes ago I started to upload about 323MB of MP3's containing
the sound recordings of 12 events being part of the conference. These
are the ones recorded on my laptop. Because my laptop most of the time
was in the "English room" most of the English presentations are
recorded with it.

There are 7 more recordings I have on my disk from StefanMz' laptop.
I'm going to post-process during the next week / months. An 8th
recording from StefanMz seemingly failed (Alan Toner and Jamie King)
:-( .

There are up to 7 more recordings on the laptop of Thomas Kalka.
Unfortunately he did not release them to me until now. Actually I got
no response from him on several inquiries. I offered various sorts of
help including visiting him to transfer the material by a local
network connection. He left the project some time ago. However, I
can't believe that this is a reason to do such a damage to the world.
Anyway. If you have any contact to Thomas (see `Cc:'), please ask him
for the recordings. It's only the bare files which are needed - no
work.

The qualities of the recording varies very much. For some
presentations the original quality was rather good while for others it
was worse. I filtered out buzzes, amplified some material and expanded
the dynamic of some recordings (and post-corrected a hardware problem
in the analog part of my laptop with a self-written program...). I
think all of the material is at least understandable and most is quite
good to listen to. However, if anyone knows of a good noise filter
(running on GNU/Linux of course) I'd be happy.

For now I used a special voice compression to 48kbps-MP3. May be I'll
re-encode it to OggVorbis some time for religious as well as for space
reasons but IMHO at the moment this would prevent very much people
from using the files.

Ahm, I should mention the page where all files are linked ;-) :

	http://zweite.oekonux-konferenz.de/dokumentation/audio.html

for the German site or

	http://second.oekonux-konferenz.org/documentation/audio.html

for the English site. Please note the sub-domaining in the URLs. The
plan is that each conference gets its own fixed place in the web by an
own sub-domain while the "current" conference is available by "www".

As I said I just started the transfer to the web site. It'll take
several hours until all the material is there.