[ox-en] WIFI-Workshops in ascii (Amsterdam, NL)

WIFI-Workshops in ascii!
========================
In august ASCII internet workspace organizes three workshops around Wi-Fi
technology:

Monday: Introduction to Wireless Lan Technology
- Wireless Lan (basics, modes, configuration)
- Possibilities (range, line of sight, antenna's)
- Wireless LAN settings on Linux (hands-on) and on other platforms if
  you bring your laptop.
- Playing with Wifi on Linux:
  - Connection quality measurement
   - Sniffing wireless
   - Setting up a Wi-Fi card as an accesspoint
date: mon august 4
time: 19:30

Tuesday: Antenna building workshop
price: price of parts (approx 12 euro).
date: tue august 5
time: 19:30
subscription: gambino squat.net

Wednesday: Wireless Routing and Linux access points
Introduction into routing protocols that were specifically designed for
Wi-Fi networks and ways to get them installed.

The routing concepts we will be discussing are:
   - WDS (mac level inter access point routing)
   - MobileMesh (the mitre approach)
   - AODV (what locustworld uses)
   - Ethernet-bridging and STP (what openap uses)

Example setups of linux-based accesspoints based on
   - WISP-Dist
   - OpenAP

We hope to end this workshop in a discussion on what wireless routing
should look like. Your contribution is welcome!

date: wed august 6
time: 19:30

All of these workshops will be "more or less" in English, some parts might
be in Dutch. Entrance is free.

ASCII Internet Workspace
Kinkerstraat 92
Amsterdam