Re: Language of the Telos & Primacy of State WAS Re: [ox-en] How about a wiki.oekonux.org site?

before we get to community unfolding ...
can I ask Stefan a question:

how close is this concept of self unfolding to the negrian concept of self valorisation?

of course this is nto simply to Stefan but to the "whole"
thanks
Martin

Adam Moran wrote:

hi,

1.    Language of the Telos

Benni Baermann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:49:19PM +0100, Chris Croome wrote:
>
>>It could also be used for book ideas and what ever, what
>>do people think, anyone else interested in contributing to
>>a site like that?
>

> There exists allready a wiki which much oekonux-stuff: www.coforum.de.
>
> You got nearly all Oekonux-Stuff with:
>
> http://coforum.de/index.php4?action=full&KategorieOekonux
>
> Most of it is in german, as you may have guessed ;-)
>
> There was an attempt to try to translate the stuff into english, which
> has startet here:
>
> http://coforum.de/index.php4?OekonuxWasIstWas_English
>
> But is far from beeing complete.

I had a go at reading it, with some help from a German speaker, but can pick up no more than a vague sense of the content :( - IMHO part of the problem / solution is this 'language of the telos' thing referred to in that book 'Empire' – I’ve only read chris's review http://chris.croome.net/#Late_Capitalism ... and skimmed the chapter titles of the book, but this 'language of the telos' thing seems to resonate with the amount of new compounded German words eg. Selbstentfaltung (... roughly translated to mean 'self-unfolding')

i think what is needed to help us communicate our ideas from one language to another is a multilingual terminology management system such as Pangloss - ( functional specification of Pangloss here http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/pangloss/2003-March/000009.html )

before moving of the 'Language of the Telos' subject, i thought it may be worth noting that this word 'Telos' could have at least two terminology equivalents developed in software production - 'functional specification' or 'vapour-ware' ;)

2.     Primacy of State

on this issue of 'Selbstentfaltung', can i asked the german language speakers for further explanation ? - the issue that concerns me when i read the english translation, 'self-unfolding' , is i can't find anything to do with the 'community-unfolding'

i submit:

a. this 'community-unfolding' comes before, and is responsible for any individual 'self-unfolding' , and

b. that the relationship between a proposed 'global-unfolded-community-state' and the 'unfolded-individual' will define the Politics of the proposed 'global-unfolded-community-state'

Why I think this point is important is that the Politics of the proposed 'global-unfolded-community-state' will be defined primarily by its mode of production - I submit that the existing 'unfolded-communities' have no Class composition as there is no extraction of surplus value from one Class by another - I hypothesise that the 'global-unfolded-community-state' will itself have no Class composition and the Politics of this state can not be those of Class domination and Class antagonism.

If the Politics of the new 'global-unfolded-community-state' is not a Politics of Class, then what is it ?

My guess is that its the Politics of Potentials; firstly the potential of the 'global-unfolded-community-state' to define and build its telos / vapor-ware, and secondly the potential of the 'unfolded-individual' to a. know how they can help out in the process, and
b. enjoy the common wealth of the state

--
adam

Martin Hardie
/\/\I-I/\/\I-I/\/\I-I/\/\I-I
auskadi tvcabo.co.mz
hardie ekno.com
Avenida Julius Nyerere 812 7E
Maputo Mozambique (don't use the post!!)
(258) 82 449428
Artekale 30, 2A
Durango, 48200
Bizkaia, Euskal Herria,