Re: [ox-en] How about a wiki.oekonux.org site?

Hi Benni

On Fri 26-Sep-2003 at 05:54:14PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Benni Baermann
wrote:

I have now another project scheduled for the next weeks,
but it is very likly, that we need a multi-language-wiki
for this as well, so maybe i join later again.

Subwiki is a very small project at the moment, which is
nice. I changed the default charset it used from ISO Latin
1 to UTF-8 and it works fine with different languages:

  http://atomism.demon.co.uk/ssf/TestPage

What is with the wikipedia, they have crossreferences
between different languages. AFAIK they use simply one
wiki per language.  Maybe this is good enough for us,
too?

Yes that would be one way to do it, but it is only
necessary to have a different domain per language if you
are using different character sets for each site as the
wikipedia does -- the front page is ISO Latin with
numeric entities for the different languages (yukk!).

I have just created a test page for Oekonux:

  http://atomism.demon.co.uk/ssf/OekonuxWiki

Have a play with it!

Chris

--