Re: [ox-en] Re: [ox] Theses about the relation between the Oekonuxproject and the remaining world

Christian:

No, and I don't think it likely they would come. But it's not just a idle
question, considering the anti-globalization movement. There the occurence
of nationalist and anti-Semite views is a serious problem, and parts of
the movement fail to clearly react and dissociate oneself from such
positions (cf. the discussion in the German section of Attac). I think
that's partly due to the unwillingness to take a political position beyond
some or other "question of interest", specifically by the unwillingness to
consider oneselves "left".

First of all, you're writing about just one country: Germany. The 'movement
of movements' is happening not just in Germany...

Second, the 'left' itself has a rich history in anti-semitism and racism...
and there are many historical reasons not associate oneself with 'the left'.
I don't want to list them all here. Some of them are personal too. I don't
want to have anything to do with that label.

Geert