Re: [ox] Re: [ox-en] goal of oekonux, theory vs. practice, the new social move

liste oekonux.de writes:

yes. the question is: is this involvement in practical activities seen as
useful and necessary or is it seen as an unnecessary coincidence or even
harmful..

as much as I know no one in oekonux has this position.

from the argumentation about whether hallein or vienna it looks like if
some
people here do not see the value of the practical side and that they
believe
that this thing can be some pure theory.. i was surprised by this...

we are constantly discussing very practical incidents and instances.

to some degree they even deny that working together with social movments
can
even be useful. there is a "we know it all" attitude that suggest that it
makes sense to give other people an introduction to oekonux but there is
no
understanding that one could learn from the other side as well.

maybe this should be made clearer. There is certain things that oekonux
investigates and thinks about and these are exactly the things one could
possibly learn in this community. oekonux does not cover the whole world.

there is the
idea that oekonux is so much different from what is going on at a social
forum that these people will not be interested and could not understand
what
people are talking about..

I think that was not the point. Even Stefan Merten made the point that
there SHOULD be an encounter. The question was just if the WHOLE need of
the community could be met by placing it in Hallein. Some people argued
about that.

that the left is just a bunch of loosers that is
not comapitble with the successfull free software elite..etc..

I remember that Stefan has given a second thought to this opinion.

i do think oekonux project has a serios problem if such an attitude would
become predominant here..

This attitude is not very widespread here.

so the question remains: how do people see the value of practice?

Again I dare to say: all.

But what is "practice" exactly? If it is gathering on the streets and
fighting with police, many people would say: this is not my practise.
Please forgive me:: I know the hardship of the Social Forums who
constantly are surrounded by provoquers. I know of the value of a powerful
demonstration. And so on.
But I hate if people attack theory by assuming people do not value
practice. my point is: He who values practice values theory! As simple as
that. If somebody strives for doing the right thing and doing things right
and wants to figur that out, theory is needed. Oekonux means theory about
practice for the improvement of practice.

Franz