Re: [ox-en] Theses about the relation between the Oekonux project and the remaining world

Hi Benni and lists!

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 09:50:15PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten wrote:
* The Oekonux project is very successful internally

It _was_ very successfull. In the last two years not many new ideas
came from here.

I see this different. In particular in the questions around OHA
(OrganisationHerrschaftAnarchismus = OrganizationDominationAnarchism)
we made a lot of progress.

However, this is exactly one of the fields where I think that Oekonux
transcends the left. And seemingly this is one of the most painful
ones.

I understand that some people can't see something as progress which
causes so much pain. This is a problem the Krisis had and has to cope
with, too. I'm trying not to be among them but to understand new views
and may be even new looks on old views as a challenge which needs to
be taken instead of being rejected.

* Result: We need to care about the openness and independence of the
project and that this openness and independence is perceivable
externally

Openess has two sides. (1) To be open for other people who want to
join _and_ (2) to be open to join other people. oekonux is very open
in the first sense

Good.

but not very open in the second.

It depends. As long as the independence of Oekonux is clearly visible
I see no problem in joining others. You may want to check

	http://www.oekonux.de/projekt/ontour.html

for a good number of examples.

One big lack in openess in this second kind is Stefan Mertens arrogant
behaviour against everybody else, who does not think free software is
a kind of new messias.

Then I have to be arrogant to myself because I neither think in terms
of messiah nor do I think free software *as such* is what you are
talking about. I for one find it thinkable that Oekonux is completely
wrong. However, I think it is not exaggregating to think that Free
Software is a major trend in modern society. I for one find it nice
that Oekonux can find some hope for a better world in the principles
of the production of Free Software. However, it could be otherwise (at
least on the surface - I think in the depth there are some arguments
which back the assumption that historical processes work this way). If
some day we come to the conclusion that there is no emancipatory
chance in these principles then at least we had a good time here.

But arrogance also has two sides. Isn't it arrogant that some people
think everybody *must* hail what they do? IMHO nobody needs to hail
Oekonux. If one likes to, ok, if not this is also perfectly ok with
me. On the other hand some classical leftist projects like SSM seem to
assume that Oekonux - or me - must hail them for some reason.
Unfortunately they fail to give good arguments for that assumption if
confronted with even basic Oekonux thinking. Actually I find *this*
arrogant.

I for one hail all of these dam building projects for their dam
building. I'd even say: Build faster and higher because the shipyards
are not ready yet! And if the dams break the shipyards are also lost
and if that happens IMHO civilization as we know it is completely at
stake. However, I think it should be at least attempted to
differentiate between dam building projects and ship building
projects. And there are a lot of ship building projects out there
which need some more time. Check

	http://www.oekonux.de/projekt/links.html

for an extensive list. Unfortunately very few of them are left in any
sense.