Re: [ox] Re: [ox-en] Theses about the relation between the Oekonux project and the remaining world

On Donnerstag 09 Oktober 2003 11:21, Graham Seaman wrote:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller wrote:
I guess that mass accomodation is clearly not suitable for
older people, however its absence would be bad as well, as
it would make the conference unattractive to young
participants.

Is it really so embarassing to have older people staying in
the same place? :-(

No, I was just assuming that they might not like it, due to the
lack of comfort. If you like staying in the same place with
other Oekonuxis, and if you like camping, just do it.

On the first Oekonux conference, I was in a group of about 15
people, spending the nights in an office. Most of us brought
sleeping bags and isolation mats (one had an air matrace, and
one didn't bring a mat at all, just a sleeping bag, in order to
save package). The atmosphere in the group was overwhelmingly
nice, just as the rest of the conference was. One night, Ulli
(Chillzwerg), Steffen (the guy with the DAT recorder) and me
were sitting at the table, continuing the discussion of the day
until I finally could not keep my eyes open any longer. So, on
that day, the conference did not really end.

On the contrary, after the concert at the second conference, I
was riding alone in the subway to the youth hostel at the other
end of the town, together with a drunken pervert and his er...
'girl friend'. I was so glad when he finally noticed that he was
riding into the wrong direction. In other words: on the second
conference, I experienced less social bindings and almost no
discussions outside the pre-structured timetable. So, I think
the absence of mass accomodation was a big loss.

(OK, I'm kidding)
:o)

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://217.160.174.154/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."