Re: [politics] Re: Documentation Standards was Re: [ox-en] UserLinux

On Tuesday, December 09, 2003 at 22:31
Russell McOrmond <list-en oekonux.org> wrote:

  For an engineer my work may seem to be inferior work.  Evaluated from a
public policy point of view your work in this area would seem inferior as
you don't seem to recognize that software can be far more than just an
solution to an engineering problem.  For some types of software whether
something is inferior from an engineering standpoint is largely
irrelevant.

Well, engineering isn't just about standards. Good engineering is making
something that works to specifications of functionality and resource
usage. I would hope that your software fulfills those goals!

tOM
---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@	tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-775-307-4133
 _-\_<,	758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)		ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)