Re: [ox-en] Maussian ideas and Free Software

On Saturday 13 December 2003 11:11, Niall Douglas wrote:
* Money spent on third world pharmaceutical drugs is far better spent
on providing clean drinking water and decent nutrition. I know it's
trendy to bash big business for cynical sales, but in the end far
more lives are saved by forgetting about pharmaceutical drugs.

Well Niall sorry
40 million dying of aids.THe street outside where I type covered with people
begging and with aids, the WHO will give 3 million of this 40 million free
drugs in the next 5 years. In the emantime how many die. Two kilomters from
here near the Toll Gate for the Soth african constructed and run tollway
there is avtap that services a few thousand people.

Money is better spent on  third world pharmaceutical drugs AND on providing
clean drinking water and decent nutrition RATHER than buying software.

About Mauss.
Wher is the orignal in this thread. Is this more gift economy? A Eurpean
Colonial rascist way to classify and demystify power in indigenous societies?

Back to work here

Martin
--

http://openflows.org/~auskadi/

"Mind you, I am not asking you to bear witness to what you believe false,
which would be a sin, but to testify falsely to what you believe true - which
is a virtuous act because it compensates for lack of proof of something
that certainly exists or happened." Bishop Otto to Baudolino in Umberto Eco's
Baudolino.