Re: [ox-en] inside wsis

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Niall Douglas wrote:

Governments supporting free software are as common in the west as
they are anywhere else - Britain, Germany and Israel all are moving
over to free software. Most of the countries in Asia are too. I don't
think Brazil is any different for this.

I think this is factually wrong - Brazilian government support for free
software is dramatically different from that in Britain, Germany and
Israel (I suspect but dont know that it is also different from the
support in Asia). As far as I know the only country with even remotely
similar policies is South Africa, and they are trailing far behind
Brazil.

Graham