Re: [ox-en] inside wsis

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 06:11:10PM -0200, pietro wrote:
Thomas Berker said:

Just to avoid a possible misunderstanding: I don't think (and
didn't intend to say) that Lula & Co fight power in order to
liberate someone or something. I do think, however, that they are
fighting established power structures in order to remain in power
themselves and that they obviously think that Free Software can be
an ally (among others: evangelists, capitalists...) in this
struggle. But then, what do I know about Brazil?! Still all wrong?

in fact, they aren't fighting any power structures. imho they
realied that in order to stay in power it is easier to cooperate
with who's really in charge than to fight them.

I've met plenty of people, Brazilian and otherwise, that disagree with
that anywhere from slightly or partially to totally. But that's
politics now isn't it? :)

Regards,
Mako

--