Re: [ox-en] Wellcome Trust about free access to scientific results

Hi Graham!

2 months (72 days) ago Graham Seaman wrote:
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Stefan Merten wrote:

Hi!

Another voice from the scientific community calling for free access to
scientific results:

	http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/en/1/awtvispolpub.html

Actually it becomes a considerable choir now :-) .

Have you read the Welcome trust's economic justification? I don't think
this is in line with oekonux at all; it's screwing the researchers by
passing all the costs to them...

I remember vaguely I read something like this, yes. However, in a
quick scan of the page I can't find it (any more?). Would you
recommend removing the link?

I find it nice that this development is totally in line with Oekonux
theory ;-) .

I'd like to stress that I think the general *development* is in line
with Oekonux theory. If Oekonux theory says something like "Creative
mental work can be done better in a Free manner - just like in Free
Software" then it is in line with that theory that more and more areas
where creative mental work is done move to the Free Production mode.