Re: [ox-en] Re: No-trade society (was: Re: herrschaft)

* Ref.: »Re: [ox-en] Re: No-trade society (was: Re: herrschaft)«
*        magius 	(2004-01-17  11:27)

Hi Magius,

Casimir Purzelbaum said:
Free software shows, that economic activity is not bound to
this structure and to those principles -- at least as long as
there is a "reasonably stable economic basis" (Felix).

A doubt: is FreeSoftware economy strictly dependent from "main"
money-based capitalist economy? In other words, FS is a free
"after-work" activity, cause there's also a "work" activity for
the most of FS developers.

I'm not sure that I understand the direction of your question :-(

But I would say that "FreeSoftware economy *today* is
*indirectly* dependent on the 'main' money-based capitalist
economy"...

(No matter where the active FS-supporters get their money from,
they do need it; in other words: today, a most significant part
of the "material" basis of human life is produced in a capitalist
way and can therefor only be "accessed in a capitalist way", i.e.
"bought".)

Cheers,
Casi.