Re: [ox-en] Germ of a new form of society or germ of a new form of business?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 08:23:19AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Per I. Mathisen wrote:
As I have said many times, the true engineer chooses the best tools
available.

I never saw an ad for hiring a 'true engineer'. Licensing is part of
the world engineers live in, and refusing to deal with it is simply
not a good idea.

Niall can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he is against
dealing with licenses. He's just against dealing with licenses that
aren't the embodiment of his personal definition of free software.

AFAIK he has not offered us an example of an ideal license except to
say it is more free than the GPL but less free than the BSD. Free as
defined in his terms of course.

Not for political, legal nor philosophical grounds

If you want to exclude political and philosophical grounds from the
debate, then why are you on this list in the first place?

Niall is talking about economics which is fully on topic with this
list AIUI. I don't want to chase him off because we disagree with his
position. So far he's been mostly respectful of folks and added a
useful perspective.

Regards,
Mako

--