Re: [ox-en] Germ of a new form of society or germ of a new form of business?

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 01:12:39AM -0000, Niall Douglas wrote:
Niall can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he is against
dealing with licenses. He's just against dealing with licenses that
aren't the embodiment of his personal definition of free software.

Rather those that aren't good for the software itself.

According your personal views, opinions, and morals. You state in this
message that yours are unconventional views. Please remember this. Your
opinion about what is good for software itself often does not apply
cleanly in the minds of people who are not you.

However on the general subject of licenses, I think copyright a bad
set of laws to protect computer software. Software is a solution to
an engineering problem and thus is more like a pump than a book. It
should have its own custom legal framework.

No big arguments from me here. Although I'm not sure software is
really all that much more like a pump than it is like a book.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill