Re: [ox-en] the Deleuzian engineer

On 26 Jan 2004 at 19:37, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 01:39:04AM -0000, Niall Douglas wrote:
However what's most important here is that any good engineer does
not deliberately add another constraint to the process when there is
no need for it.

Are we to assume that you are the one who gets to decide when and when
a given restraint is necessary or necessary enough? Or perhaps you
will explain it all to us now and we can apply it ourselves?

Unless of course we don't agree with you. In which case we are
deluded, self-castrated, and bad engineers. Right?

That was a bit of a cheap shot Mako :(

1. Will or will not an engineer who refuses to use certain libraries,
languages and technologies because of political reasons tend on
average to produce lower quality software?

2. Is or is not an engineer who causes other engineers to duplicate
their code for no good reason retarding the average quality of all
software, wasting resources and contributing to the mass inefficiency
of global software production?

I'm really wrecked tonight and too tired to reply to your other
emails right now, but I'll do so first thing tomorrow morning. You'll
get them tomorrow night.

Cheers,
Niall