Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther
Date: Wednesday 25 February 2004 19:26
From: Martin Hardie <auskadi tvcabo.co.mz>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen complete.org>

That *is* a political statement, and it sounds like you are arguing for
yourself the very strange position of being anti-racist yet
pro-discrimination and anti-free speech.

no i just have a political problem with what free emans in the us

This is called tolerance, and it's a shame you don't have more of it.

this si just silly

 What good is a mail
reader if its license only allows you to legally express opinions that
the author agrees with?  That's silly, and a crimp on people that are
saying unpopular but correct things.

the licence is not the point ... he can use it you cant stop him but whether
he is tolerated as an active member of a community is he point

You might notice that virtually every bit of software in Debian is
copyrighted and licensed.  I am not sure where you are getting the "anti
IP" rhetoric from.  It would be better to say "responsible IP".

whatever

Pardon me, but that is *exactly* what you are saying: "We should treat
people with certain views differently than other people."  It doesn't
take a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary to work out that this is a
prime example of discrimination.

sorry the oxford meaning f discrimination has nothing to do with legal
 meaning ....i am just an ex law professor who taught the subject in the us

http://openflows.org/~auskadi/

"Mind you, I am not asking you to bear witness to what you believe false,
which would be a sin, but to testify falsely to what you believe true - which
is a virtuous act because it compensates for lack of proof of something
that certainly exists or happened." Bishop Otto to Baudolino in Umberto Eco's
Baudolino.