Does anyone ever read these posted links? (was: Re: [ox-en] Re: [pox] Please kick and ban Jonathan Walther for racism)

On 29 Feb 2004 at 11:55, Chris wrote:

Perhaps I you had some idea about what you are dealing
with then you would be in a better position to deal with
this situation.
[snip]
Your support for and defence of this racist is doing far
more damage than anything else.
[snip]
He is playing games with you, look, he is 'sirdibos':

I know people think I'm mad at best and I'll probably get branded as
a fascist or something for doing this, but I know I'm not - any
searching google will back me up on this. Or feel free to browse my
website which contains no shortage of ammunition to use against me if
you like.

However, if you actually go read the posted links (apart from the
secret stuff on reactorcore), it shows Jonathan in a reasonably
favourable light.

  http://www.google.com/search?qÊche:www.xouvert.org/irc/2004/01/06+
  sirdibos

I don't see any evidence here of him playing games with anyone. As he
says in the exchange, he has his views and he's pushing back against
people pushing against him.

He has also made his views very clear on kuro5hin, his
views on immigration:

  http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2003/2/12/1310/11181/114#114

As I've said before, I think he has an idealised view of how things
used to be when they never were. He's also wrong in that anyone can
stop immigration - the Iron Curtain couldn't stop it, so how could a
liberal country like Canada?

Actually there is one way of stopping it - eliminate the wealth
differential between first and third world countries.

  http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2003/2/12/1310/11181/168#168

I see no problem in this statement. His opinion is over simplistic &
nationalist, but I can't see any racism or bigotry here.

On gay people:

  http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2003/1/17/154644/788/149#149

Again, this an opinion. I think he's wrong and again he's being over
simplistic - however most devout christians would fully endorse his
opinion as orthodoxy (and some scripture) requires.

On Imperium, the text that started Pauls investigations:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.literature.e-books.gutenberg.
  volunteers/2012

Yet again he has stated an opinion - yet again he has done so
respectfully (in fact the only time I have ever found him being
disrespectful is about homosexuals). In that entire thread he made
points based on a critical analysis of what other people were saying -
 I don't think he's entirely right, but he makes points well worth
thinking about.

It was for that reason I publicly said I felt he could bring
something valuable to Oekonux deliberations. He shows good critical
analysis skills and we could do with more of that.

He has also caused problems on Wikipedia:

  Jonathan is not only lying, he has a public history of
  flaming both me and other Wikipedia contributors with
  virulently anti-Semitic statements.
 [snip]
  http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-December/008259
  .html

I read through this reading every post by Jonathan and all I could
find was Jonathan making very valid points about Wagner's entry
containing too much about his anti-semitism. No one knows Wagner for
that - it's his contributions to music which anyone cares about. If
some book by him had changed something contributing to the Holocaust,
then it's far more important. But I don't believe that's the case. As
Jonathan said, one line would be sufficient and maybe a line about
his music being Hitler's favourite.

Well perhaps a the simple unsubscribe command will get
through to you?

I'm out of here.

Chris

Show me some stuff where he has posted blatent lies, been really
offensive for the sake of it and deliberately stirred up trouble.

The links you posted if anything make the case for your position
being wrong and his being right. I don't know why you're getting so
worked up about this when from all you've shown me he's not the demon
you make him out to be, and the more you and others try the worse you
undermine the position against him.

If people are so reactionary as to unsubscribe just from reading the
comments you posted links to, I really must wonder if they are
reading totally different things in the same English I just read :(

(In which case, my mad statements must be real fun to understand! :)
)

Cheers,
Niall