the Politics WAS Re: [pox] Re: The Magnificant Seven WAS Re: [ox-en] The Castle of Crossed Destinies

Hi Martin, Hi ox-en,

On 29/02/04 16:01 Martin wrote:

auskadi tvcabo.co.mz wrote:
wake up and talk to me
i might quit as well

I've only just got up to date with my emails, I quit ox-en on sunday ... but what does that mean really; i'm still here after all

the standard of debate has been giving me the shits for a long time

It's just a 'getting to know you, getting to know all about you' phase ... so to speak.

You may remember I wrote a Crismas story in which I tried to remind the group that the 'Politics' of any group will be dependent on the mode of production of that group. I think we should accept that our old ideas of what politics are will no doubt change and be prepared for further unfolding. After all, even the most coherent thought within us still bares the hallmark of years of living in hierarchical structures.

I'm not too sure if Jonathan's still on this list. To be honest if I had the time and cash I'd visit him and be able to draw a better conclusion as to his motives. Although to be frank I would much prefer to spend my time with Stefan as Stefan's motives are far clearer and in mind beneficial to ox-en. I appreciate being able to post to ox-en for instance with out being a member.

I've just read through a load of email that has come from the *reservations* in which, to be fair to Jonathan, a lot of useful feedback was generated. I'm not happy working off-list as I think we lose information.

Co-incidently a comparable event has happened in my own community which resonates with the ox-en alert ...

Where I physically live is in a small rural community ... may be 5 k people. Every one knows every one else ... it's quite sweet really ... bumping in to the same people over and over again; at the schools, at the library, at the market, where-ever ... it's so small that you remember the faces.

Last week a mate was closing down a pub/cafe he had opened some years ago; he had a bit of a shin-dig and the usual gang of misicos turned up and a few hangers on ... which defines me ... i just love the dancing.

Anyway, one man got outrageously drunk and whilst no one was paying attention started to tell a couple of my mates' daughters how he would like to lick them ... he had spittle on his face at the time apparently ... the girls are 13 and 17.

I didn't find out about this until the day after; it concerns me as I'm kind of one of the girls uncles with a few steps and in-laws missing ... well you know me, I'd just push my nose in to this kind of stuff even if I wasn't invited. I didn't have to though on this occasion as an old friend from school who also acts as parent to these kids ... every so often ... took charge of the group before they reacted.

This is what she told the fathers in paraphrase - we need to deal with this man now and deal with him correctly. Sure this behavior is not to be tolerated but he obviously needs help or its just going to happen every time he gets drunk. Getting him to stop drinking won't solve anything, it will just come out in some other way.

Don't get me wrong - my mate's no liberal and no softie. In the past she's beaten me up just for practice. She suspects that the man has a porn habit; you never know I may be able to get further with this drive off-list than on.

--
Pink