[ox-en] Invitation 3rd Oekonux Conference

			  Wealth by copyleft
			  ==================

		    Creativity in the digital age
		    =============================

			3rd Oekonux Conference

			      Invitation

Project Oekonux [http://www.oekonux.org/] does research on the
economical, political and social forms of Free Software. Similar to
the development of Free Software, different people with different
reasons and different approaches get together in this project to build
something new. One question, a lot of people are interested in, is,
whether and if so, how, the principles of the development of Free
Software can serve as a basis for a new society.

The 3rd Oekonux conference [http://www.oekonux-conference.org/]
"Wealth by copyleft -- Creativity in the digital age" takes up the
diversity of the project. Among other things it aims at learning
something about how the example of Free Software is perceived and
realized in other fields. Together with our co-organizers Bureau for
Philosophy in Vienna we are proud to welcome more than 30 invited
contributors which will share their experience, studies and insights
with us on topics like

o    Free Software communities, hackers, and self-organization from
     various sociological, cultural historical, and philosophical
     perspectives

o    Organization and domination in Free Projects

o    Experiences from Free Software projects

o    Free Software and political movements

o    Various perspectives on Free Hardware, Indymedia, and Wikis

o    Free Software and Internet in the non-industrialized world

o    The role of compensation and exchange for Free Activities

o    "Intellectual property" and Free Publication in science

o    Fundamental changes in the contemporary world of work and
     production and their possible meaning

Moreover the program of the conference contains the public
presentation of the Austrian version of the CreativeCommons license as
well as an art project. Please see the program page
[http://www.oekonux-conference.org/program/] for detailed information.

After the inspiration of the 1st [http://erste.oekonux-konferenz.de/]
and 2nd [http://second.oekonux-conference.org/] Oekonux Conference we
hope and expect that in an open atmosphere critical voices as much as
the enthusiasm of the hackers once more will merge into a creative
process. We hope and expect, that again the wide range of
presentations contributed by German speaking and international
participants will lead to new insights and broader understanding for
all. We hope and expect, that as before we will have a lot of fun
:-) .

			3rd Oekonux Conference

			 May 20th-23rd, 2004

	    Department of Philosophy at Vienna University

			   Please register

	 http://www.oekonux-conference.org/registration.html