Re: [ox-en] sell your free software "lifestyle" business for nine figures [u]

<quote who="martin hardie" date="Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 10:59:41AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]">
well as I read RMS he says that the free software community is one of users
constituted by a "legal" document and it is not a community concerned with
production.

Do you have that quote?

RMS certainly states that his goal is not production, quality, or
efficiency but freedom (of a particular kind). If the "legal" document
is the FSD, this might make sense.

The idea that the *actual* legal documents (e.g., the GPL and other
licenses) are at the core of the movement is a misinterpretation that is
at the heart of Richard and my recent disagreement with Creative
Commons.  If you want to read my summary of this disagreement, I've
writte it up here:

  http://mako.cc/writing/toward_a_standard_of_freedom.html

Regards,
Mako