Re: [ox-en] Re: Next successful Free Product?

Hi list!

Just a few quick thoughts.

2 months (66 days) ago Stefan Merten wrote:
I had an additional idea on this catalog of questions. What about
asking for existing "next successful Free Products" these questions?
Currently two next successful Free Products come to mind: Wikipedia
and Free Science (often labeled Open Access). I think nobody here
would refuse that Wikipedia is a big success and it is as Free as Free
Software. Free Science IMHO is not yet a success Free Product but
there are a lot of promising aspects in the movement.

May be blogs are in a way also in this category. They seem to be
something like Free Journalism.

So far I thought of Indymedia as a Free Journalism project, but blogs
in many ways remind me more of Free Software than Indymedia. May be
even the (so-called) cathedral-bazaar distinction brought up by Eric
S. Raymond in one of his early papers applies here.

Anyway - my knowledge about blogs and the blogosphere is very limited.
May be someone else here is more knowledgeable than me and can give
his/her impression?