Re: [ox-en] Fwd from Martin Hardie

Markus:

  have you seen how the user community (see comments) actually supports  such financing? (this is conssistent with the non-reciprocity inherent  in peer production)

  Linking income to effort changes peer production into a hybrid format based on forms of reciprocity, which is not a bad thing.

  Your link to the vodes.net document is very interesting, and actually,  I'm only now starting to understand how the thing is working, for some  reason, I just couldn't get it before. I'd like to quote from it in P2P  News, is it possible to have a  Word version of it?

  Any more literature on the role of foundations would be very welcome?

  Michel

Markus <markus vodes.net> wrote:  interesting article. regarding unilateral governance and use of funds:
http://digg.com/technology/Mozilla_made_$72_million_from_Firefox. the
winner of the best extension got an alienware computer (which is most
likely also a donation). an open source projetc which lives from ll the
investment of people around the world does not even have transparency as
regards the money they make thx to the supporters. seems to be quite
contrary to the open source spirit.

here
(http://www.vodes.net/revstartshere/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=43&Itemid=122)
is an excerpt of how we are going to govern the - nascent - vn online
community.