Re: [ox-en] mozilla use of money

Markus: just a precision regarding dominique pelbois: in his system, consumers would have more voting power than producers, since income must be higher than expense (salaries, etc..) in order for any enterprise to survive,

  Michel

Markus <markus vodes.net> wrote:
    Hi Michel,

many thanks for this info. if you decide to join Team Beta tester and
publish this in the BT Forum in this thread
(http://vodes.net/betatforum/index.php?topic=9.0) you get one Information
Vode (T) accredited to your account. you can exchange it into money after
the cva has taken place. the second main function of iv (which you are
presumable more interested in) is to measure knowledge of a community
member in a particular area (T stands for theory). over the long run, this
will be a criteria to invite people for positions requiring knowledge in
that particular area (iv-"T" for the interest fraction "rationality" in
this particular case).

i like the term liberal communism. i think this pretty much describes our
main believes. will do a google on this.

regarding the consumer participation, its the very same idea. however (if
Dominique does not include other forces), i think a simply
"consumer/user-producer" participation often would create a stale-mate
situation because those interests are diametrically opposed; especially if
both interests have an equal voting power i think its difficult to
implement in practise.

   therefore, we included five major "production
forces" and gave them an equal 20% voting power on the decisions. in many
decisions, theoretically at least, there is an unbiased 60% (e.g.
rationality, vn people and open movement on the decision on the price of
the personal line of code as it primarily affects user and artists)
"voting power buffer". so despite adding more interests, the splitting of
powers and the non-affection of a large interest fraction might be
benefitial for getting the necessary focus and allow for effective
decisionmaking. perhaps at least.

markus

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:44:30 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Michael Bouwens