Oekonux blog? (was: Re: [ox-en] Fwd: [wos] a2k conference, Yale Law School, April 06)

Hi Michel!

3 months (90 days) ago Michael Bouwens wrote:
Question: is anyone from Oekonux blogging? It seems that it is too
useful a vehicle to ignore, though I understand that when you're
busy  with existing publishing platforms, taking it on might seem
daunting.  But in my own experience, starting a blog next to the
wiki has really  been positive in generating interest in ideas.

I moved this question to [pox] some time ago
[http://www.oekonux.de/projekt/liste/archive/msg05558.html]. Just as
here there was no reaction - neither positive nor negative. From this
I don't see a need to do this.

Apart from that I think we already have the Oekonux Wiki (still down
:-( but I could recover the data already :-) ) and everyone is free to
use this as a blog. After all a Wiki is only a superset of a blog (see
below). I also found a nice MoinMoin plugin allowing for direct
commenting in a page. With this plugin pages looking like blogs can be
done easily. I'll drop a note when I installed it.

Because this question comes up in several contexts at the moment I
recently googled on "wikis blogs".

  From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

  A weblog, which is usually shortened to blog, is a website where
  regular entries are made (such as in a journal or diary) and
  presented in reverse chronological order. Blogs often offer
  commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics,
  or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A
  typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web
  pages, and other media related to its topic. Most blogs are
  primarily textual although many focus on photographs, videos or
  audio.

In other words: From the technical point of view there is no reason
why a Wiki could not be used as a blog. At least not with the features
offered by an advanced Wiki engine like MoinMoin.

Another interesting page compares Wikis and blogs:

  From
  http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/03/26/of_blogs_and_wikis.html

  In an online world where bloggers' frenzied mutual promotion seems
  increasingly the norm, the Wiki emerges as an oasis of dignified
  restraint. It was invented in 1995 by Ward Cunningham, who now works
  for Microsoft. But the underlying idea of the Wiki - a Web page that
  anyone can edit or even delete - could hardly be more antithetical
  to the Redmond way. In a sense, the Wiki is to the blog what open
  source is to proprietary software: a communal effort where group
  dynamics rather than a leader's fiat determine the end-result.

Please note this message is written on an offline laptop
and send out in the evening of the day it is written. It
does not take any information into account which may have
reached my mailbox since yesterday evening.