[ox-en] Re: Free Software is not a gift

magius wrote:
2006/10/20, Stefan Merten <smerten oekonux.de>:

I'm not quite sure what actually goes on with these returning comments - is it an ongoing discussion ?

but, the question is indeed interesting - then if free software is not a gift, then there is no exchange --> and if there is no exchange there will be no social relationship (and definitely no reciprocity, in the sense of what Marcel Mauss wrote) --> and then (being an anthropologist) it is getting quite exiting then there is definitely some sort of social relationship represented in free software ...?

And now I'm hoping this is an ongoing discussion

--

Gregers Petersen
Anthropologist, Ph.d fellow

Free Software & Ownership