Re: [ox-en] Paid linux programmers: how do they work

Stefan Seefeld a écrit :
Patrick Godeau wrote:

Since most free software projects are made by self-working developers,
the problem doesn't appear often,

Are you really sure about that ? (May be if you count projects without
weights. But if you consider importance of projects, you may come to
quite different conclusions.)

You're right, but maybe I'm misleaded by my poor knowledge of English... By "self-working" I meant a developer who has a very large autonomy, even if working in a collective project.

Also, I should make it clear that this control hierarchy problem is not specific to corporations, even if more frequent in business companies. There are community projects that work in a very hierarchical manner, and corporations (e.g. cooperatives) working more or less democratically.

--
Patrick