Re: [ox-en] Re: transition from slavery to feudalism, mirror for transition from capitalism to peer society

Michael Bauwens wrote:
a recent thoughtpiece:

To avoid misunderstandings at the outset, let me
clearly state that I distinguish markets from the
system of infinite accumulation of capital that we
call capitalism. Markets have always existed, and are
a mechanism to deal with and allocate scarce rival
resources through the mechanism of price. Under

[...]

But one thing is sure: we will have markets, but the
core logic of the emerging experience economy,
operating as it does in the world of non-rival
exchange, is unlikely to have capitalism as its core
logic.

What makes you think that markets have always existed ?
They haven't, and the mechanism of exchange is far from
the only way to organize division of labour.
I thus refuse to restrict my looking for solutions within
the bounds of markets.

The example of business(es) interacting with new modes of
production is an interesting demonstration of how this
mode is a germ form, i.e. exists within the bounds of
capitalism, yet (hopefully) reaches beyond it.
It doesn't tell much about the sustainability in a utopian
world outside the current realm of exchange and market, though.

Regards,