Re: [ox-en] Re: transition from slavery to feudalism, mirror for transition from capitalism to peer society

Hi Zbigniew,

reed and metcalfe are only mathematical laws pointing
to the maximal potential value that can be created, so
I understand your point, but that is not related to my
point nl, that

 - a lot more social value is created (documents and
videos being valuable 'ethically' for many different
groups)

- and that only a very small part of  it is monetized

This remains through even if the full mathematical
potential of these laws is not fullfilled to its
maximum.

By the way, I found an interesting quote that
contradicts an earlier remark about markets .. (I
agree that they are not our end horizon)

however, in david laibman's deep history (which I
strongly recommend I read), after his overview of
anthropological literature:

"markets have been known throughout all recorded
history, there are no known cultures without any
markets"

The point is of course double: 1) markets are not
synonymous with capitalism; 2) even if they continue
to exist, they do not preclude other forms

Michel

--- Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy gmail.com> wrote:

I was reading that long email, and I have to say I
agree with most of
you say there, utill this point:

On 9/4/07, Michael Bauwens <michelsub2003 yahoo.com>