Re: [ox-en] Re: Governments using Free Software

On 2007-12-03 14:59, graham wrote:
OK, so you have an example where the flow of capital is not directly
involved at all. But I guess that there is still an element of being
afraid of losing power, independently of whether money is involved.

Yes, kind of this.

What would have happened if the middle technical staff had said
'yes', I wonder: would it have been blocked higher up? Would that
'direct support' of Microsoft to technical staff have become 'direct
personal links' with higher management?

Well, this was not very transparent, and I don't want to speculate. Due
to being one of the biggest unions, a vote for microsoft seemed to be
important (but not too important). And I don't know at which higher
level and how a 'special support' would have occured, when the decision
would have been in favor of free software.

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de