From: Franz Nahrada <f.nahrada reflex.at>
To: list-en oekonux.org
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 10:42:56 PM
Subject: [ox-en] peer production

Michel Bauwens writes:

of course, part of the issue may be semantics, neither
benkler nor me, and I don't think the stefan's of
oekonux, use peer production as simply referring to
production amongst equals, which could also apply to
cooperatives

that is NOT what is commonly understood under peer
production

thats quite important and I remember reading a quote by Rob Myers
from

blog you referred to in the Wikipedia governance thread:

"There are no peers in a Free Software project. If contributions are
deemed to be of acceptable quality, they are added to the project
by

 its
appointed gatekeepers. If not, they are rejected and advice given. This
methodology is a structured and exclusive one, but it is
meritocratic.

 Any
contribution of sufficient quality can be accepted, and if
someone

 makes
enough such contributions they themselves may gain the trust
required

become a gatekeeper."

(http://www.anat.org.au/stillopen/blog/2007/08/19/open-source-ideologies/)

So why is it still justified to use the term, not only in the