[ox-en] Raoul on extensive development

Hi Raoul, I was unsubscribed for a few days because of technical
issues, but I remember your remark about intensive/extensive
development.

Here is a short reply, which I also posted at

http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/raoul-victor-on-peer-to-peer-and-extensive-global-development/2008/02/07#comments

"I do not disagree fundamentally with Raoul. When I indicated
intensive instead of extensive development, I meant to stress that it
is the current system which cannot be extended, because of its
ecological cost. However, because I believe that this will lead to
dynamic relocalization, it will inevitably, and in a more distributed
fashion, lead to more overall development, i.e. extensively. In fact
here again the feudal system offers a parallel, once it consolidated
in the 10th century, it led to a flowering of pan-European
civilization for the next 3 centuries. In other words, the intensive
development based on local production, led to a new phase of extensive
development."