Re: [ox-en] Re: Fundamental text by StefanMn and StefanMz - Part 3

your definition corresponds, using other words, to mine, i.e. the
input/process/output criteria.

and unlike Stefan's suggestion, you include distribution, item 3, in
your definition,

Michel

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Christian Siefkes <christian siefkes.net> wrote:
Hi Stefan, Michel, all,

 Michel Bauwens wrote:
 >>  Generally I think we have not yet come up with a commonly agreed upon
 >>  set of criteria for peer phenomenons. I consider this one of the major
 >>  research topics and would welcome if we had such a list. Insofar the
 >>  list given there is only one snapshot of an ongoing discussion.
 >
 > commonly agreed? why would you be looking for commonly agreed? is
 > there a commonly agreed definition of capitalism?
 >
 > so again, my definition includes the universal availability, and I

 And there is my set of criteria, detailed here:
 http://www.keimform.de/2008/01/21/material-peer-production-part-0-traits-of-peer-production/

 In a nutshell:

 1. Peer production is based on contributions (not on exchange).
 2. Peer production is based on free cooperation (not on coercion or command).
 3. Peer production is based on commons and possession (not on property).

 But you probably know that already.

 Best regards
        Christian

 --
 |-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian siefkes.net ---------
 | Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/    |    Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
 | Peer Production in the Physical World:       http://www.peerconomy.org/
 |------------------------------------------ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
 But the important point is that with them to possess is to give -- and here
 the natives differ from us notably. A man who owns a thing is naturally
 expected to share it, to distribute it, to be its trustee and dispenser.
        -- Bronislaw Malinowski, Argonauts of the Western Pacific

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview
at http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=4549818267592301968&hl=en-AU